Driving License Expired!


I just realized that my license expired about a month ago (not that I've ever been stopped at a road block, but still), which made me think back to an incident that happened 2 years ago.

I was on Fereral Highway one morning (I drive a Kelisa), stuck in a bumper-to-bumper jam. I tend to get bored easily with nothing to look at except the faces of drowsy, frustrated people, staring back at me from their cars. So, I started hunting around my car for this compilation CD that I burned sometime back. At the same time, the car (Kancil) in front of me started moving and with my eyes off the road, I lifted my foot off the brake. What I didn't realize was that he had braked again and next thing I knew, I had bumped into his car.

Good thing for me, there was hardly any damage to his car (phew!) but there was a smudge on my bumper *rolls eyes*. Now the bad thing is, some part fell out from underneath his car. Till today, I've no idea what it was. And neither did he.

But he was quite nice to me and said that there was no damage to his car and the part that fell out didn't seem important *disbelief* so he was willing to let this go. So I said OK and that was that. For some reason, when I got to the office that morning, I checked my license and found that it had expired 3 months ago!!

So I took time off work and went to JPJ to get it renewed. And when it came to my turn, guess what happened next?

The guy at the counter was the same guy that I hit earlier that morning!! (sigh...) Apparently, he works at JPJ. But he renewed my licensed without saying anything and I asked how was his car with the part that fell out. And he assured me that his mechanic said everything was OK with his car and the part was probably lying on the road before the accident.

Moral of the story: NEVER take your eyes off the road! :)

2 comment(s):

Charlton Gomes said...

Woah! That is way more than a coincidence. Hehe. I believe that's fated. Everything that happened was a sign for you to renew your license. :)

sriyany said...

Charlton Gomes: Thanks for stopping by :)

And yes, I believe it was an odd twist of fate. Probably the stars were aligned or something to that effect!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template