Just When I Thought I Was Out

I realize that when I stop blogging for an extended period of time and not having to read other blogs, it becomes almost...comfortable. It's like leaving your mobile phone at home. Not having the obligation to constantly (or at least once a week) update your blog is somewhat liberating.

Sure, blogging is a way I express most of my thoughts and sometimes it's just plain fun to write and write and write but for me, when I have absolutely nothing, zero, zilch to talk about (sometimes I love silence!) I tell myself, "Okay, let's take a break this week." and the same thing happens for the next week, and the week after. Next thing you know, it's been more than a month!

It's like withdrawing from cigarettes (in this case, cigarettes being blogging). A good friend recently told caramel honey and me how he was trying to quit smoking and successfully did so for a good few months, then on a trip to Bangkok, he decided to just have one - and that was the end of his lungs being smoke-free. The moment he experienced one, he couldn't stop - coz it felt so damn good! In fact, he quoted Al Pacino from Godfather III, "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!"


All it takes is one action for you to get back into it again, which is the purpose of this post :) Here's to blogging/commenting more often! *clinks glasses*

8 comment(s):

Nick Phillips said...

Welcome back to the blogging world though I myself have so little time to blog these days.

LifeRamblings said...

Welcome back! Missed your posts and so glad that you're back to blogging.

sriyany said...

Nick Phillips: Glad to be back or at least attempting to get back on the groove :)

sriyany said...

LifeRamblings: Missed viewing those awesome shots you always showcase too!

Terra Shield said...

Sounds familiar... LOL

King of Scurf said...

I can relate to this :)

sriyany said...

Terra Shield: I'm sure ;)

sriyany said...

King of Scurf: Glad to know other people out there have the same syndrome :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template