Countdown to Amsterdam!

Amsterdam winter sunset

Yippee! I found out last week that I'll be heading to the Netherlands in early December for a 3-day meeting/workshop and I haven't stopped jumping since :D

Flights and hotel stay for those days are covered by the company but I'll be heading there earlier as I want to explore the 'Dam! Of course, those extra days have to be covered by me. Plus, my sister would be joining from UK during those extra days. Much better to have company than to check out a foreign country alone.

I spent the weekend pouring over a map of Amsterdam and picking out attractions that looked interesting, even checking where to find windmills - a trip to Holland is not complete without tulips and windmills, right? :P


Sadly, since we're travelling in winter, the chance to see the Flower Market or that garden with a gazilion tulips, would not happen. In fact, I heard it would be snowing and temperature would be freezing in Amsterdam. God, I need to hunt for winter wear.

So yea, in less than 2 months, I would be checking out the Red Light District, infamous 'coffee shops', Anne Frank house, going on a canal cruise, cheese, windmills and anything else I can fit into those 2 extra days :)

8 comment(s):

lina said...

Have a great trip. :)

Terra Shield said...

Sounds like fun!

King of Scurf said...

You'll have to be quick - the coffee shops will be off limits to tourists soon...

http://travelblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/06/dutch-drugs-ban-why-closing-the-coffee-shops-to-tourists-is-a-bad-thing-for-the-netherlands.html

sriyany said...

lina: I intend to stuff as much as I can into 2 days :)

sriyany said...

Terra Shield: Oh I can't wait!

sriyany said...

King of Scurf: My boss told me about this earlier but I suppose there would be few coffee shops trying not to lose out on the tourist market.

Life Ramblings said...

i love Amsterdam. it's a great place to spend your vacation. Bon voyage!

sriyany said...

Life Ramblings: Thanks! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template