PDA: How much is too much?


Earlier, I went for lunch (by myself) to Taiwan Street Snacks in One Utama. Not surprising, the place with its limited seating area, was already packed outside but I managed to get a table inside, with those seats that are cushioned against the wall. Now, this inside area is pretty confined where you can't see the outside and vice versa.


About half hour later, this couple walked in and took the corner table beside me and after they finished with their meal, I was still seated there, taking my time to finish my drink while reading a magazine. Next thing I knew, the guy had taken off his flip-flops and put up his legs on the cushioned seat. Since it's quite long, he can obviously fit his legs there but since his back is against the wall, his feet faces me and mind you, we're seated not too far apart! 

Good thing I had my handbag between his feet and me - not that I liked that option any better but it's still better than his feet directly at me. How gross is that, you put up your feet in a shop when there are other people seated next to you like as if it's your home. Yes, your feet may be squeaky-clean or free of bunions or smell good (eww!) but I still think it's rude!

Right after that, the both of them started making out, kissing, french-kissing, whatever you wanna call it to the point where I thought they were gonna rip each other's clothes off. Seriously, can't you guys get a room? I'm sure even people young as you can figure out how to do all THAT in a private space. 


Don't get me wrong. I'm not against PDA (Public Display of Affection) and obviously it's romantic to see a couple holding hands, exchanging a kiss or two and looking very affectionate but I think it crosses a line when they start making out (extremely) in your face without considering the environment and people around them. 

8 comment(s):

Nick Phillips said...

Whoa, you're right, they should get a room! Utterly unacceptable behavior. What if there were kids around.

Terra Shield said...

Yea, not cool at all.

secret agent woman said...

I have to agree. Discreet PDA is fine, even sweet, but I do not want to have to watch people making out.

sriyany said...

Nick Phillips: Totally and they both looked like college kids. Shouldn't the younger generation these days be more mature?

sriyany said...

Terra Shield: Yup at least not in a place where you're trying to eat.

sriyany said...

secret agent woman: Welcome :)

Yes, I agree. We're not prudish where we can't stand a little PDA but that was too much.

Life Ramblings said...

that is absolutely disrespectful and rude to other diners. shame on them!

sriyany said...

Life Ramblings: I couldn't agree more. Judging by their age and appearance, they didn't learn courtesy well.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template