Dream a Little, Dream of Me

Last Friday, my mum came over for a visit. Therefore, most of the weekend was spent window shopping, eating like there's no tomorrow and watching endless dvds. However, there was one movie that we absolutely loved on Hallmark called, The Lost Valentine.


It's a charming romantic story about a woman (Betty White) finding out what happened to her husband after 66 years (post-war) of labelled "missing in the call of duty". This endeavor indirectly involves a TV journalist (Jennifer Love-Hewitt) who gets her own lesson in love.

Betty White's performance is quite moving and it's not impossible to tear-up. Plus, you've got the dashing grandson who's obviously easy on the eyes *winks*. I would love to describe more here but it's a much nicer experience to watch the movie yourself and I'm very sure the movie would be shown repeatedly on Hallmark so you'll have a good chance of catching it.


Parts of the movie made me think about how people perceive the idea of "true love" and "The One" when divorce statistics seem to be climbing higher these days. Personally, I think the idea of "true love" is a wee bit corny and borders on fantasy and fairytale stories. Sure, it's a euphoric experience to get married to the one you love but the real challenge starts only after the wedding.

Most people see marriage as weddings and honeymoons as opposed to growing old together. Anyhow, here's one of the songs that was featured in the movie. Call me sappy but I do hope when I'm old and wrinkly, I get to enjoy a dance or two, with my husband, to this song :)

10 comment(s):

lina said...

I am looking forward to grow old and infirm with my hubby. Would be nice if can die together instead of living alone without him too.

Terra Shield said...

Hmmm... I wanted to catch this movie, but i completely forgot which day it was on. He he

Life Ramblings said...

The Lost Valentine was such an excellent movie for this time of year. The selected characters for these roles were just awesome. i cried at the end.

foongpc said...

Hi thanks for dropping by my blog! I have not seen this movie. Thanks for sharing about it : )

sriyany said...

lina: That's a very loving thought :)

sriyany said...

Terra Shield: Just scour DIVA every now and then. It's bound to be repeated :)

sriyany said...

Life Ramblings: Oh tell me about it. It was so hard NOT to cry especially when they brought back the body.

sriyany said...

foongpc: Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Brasil said...

Being a UK admirer of Jackie's voice, I've had the pleasure of living with this album for more than a week (it was released to coincide with BGT).
To say it grows on you is an understatement. To hear these songs together as in one concert-like experience is a joy that leads to repeated playings.

sriyany said...

Brasil: Oh yes, it's classics like these that we'll never get tired of hearing years from now. Unlike pop songs these days!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template