Mix nuts and bolts, then shake!

I drive a clunker. Literally. Don't get me wrong, I love my car but my 5 year old Perodua Kelisa is bordering on becoming scrap metal one of these days. Each time on the road, I can feel the slightest pebble, stone, bump and hump in which the car, makes these sounds like its nuts and bolts are gonna come loose! 

To make things worse, my boot door and rear bumper got smashed in an accident few years ago - a taxi that was speeding behind me could not stop in time and rear-ended me. As a result, the boot door cannot be tightly closed. 

Sure, it went through repairs and painting and the door closes but it doesn't necessarily lock hard enough for the alarm to consider it 'locked'. Therefore, each time I drive over an uneven road, the boot door will be rattling and since I'm pressing the brake, the alarm will attempt to lock even though the boot door is already closed.



I've tried sending it back to the workshop to get it fixed but all that involved was more money and less effectiveness. In the end, I gave up trying to get it as good as new. So, I have not only to deal with the 'nuts & bolts' noises but also the boot door rattling and the alarm making a 'tsk' sound, as if trying to lock something *sighs* Most times, I turn up the music to drown out those noises and it's been working so far. 

But you can just imagine, the joy I get when I get to drive a car that's a level up from mine. This is currently my must-have vehicle at the moment (mind you, cars are not usually on my must-have list). 

Ford Fiesta 2011 Hatchback
I completely adore this car. It's sleek, curvy in the right places and drives like an absolute dream. Sadly, it's OTR price is from RM82,000, which is WAY over my budget. I guess for now I'm going to stick with the first car I ever owned - the clunker. Not like I have a choice but its economical fuel consumption really does cheer me up :)

10 comment(s):

Nick Phillips said...

Welcome to the club. Each time I go over a hump or potholes with my car, I ALWAYS look in the rear view mirror to see if anything, like a door or a wheel, dropped off ... hahaha!

Jessie said...

Ha ha ha, what can I say, Malaysia boleh with its cars!

A little bump what it takes to leave the car rattled with uneven sound. My Perodua Viva is only a year old and I have beggining to experience some rattle now.

lina said...

Buy Myvi lah. :)

We have a clunker too... and rather sayang (the money) to buy a new hotter model. XD

Terra Shield said...

My sister loves her Kelisa too. It's one of the best cars Malaysia has ever produced, I think. (In terms of fuel efficiency)

sriyany said...

Nick Phillips: I have that habit too! Only in my case, it's just the boot door. LOL!

sriyany said...

Jessie: Yalah. Although Perodua is has its issues, it's still WAY better than Proton.

Don't you feel like sometimes, we're not driving cars, but sardine cans?

sriyany said...

lina: Y'know, I drove a Myvi some time ago and I was like "OMG, this drives like a dream" and my friends all thought I was nuts.

sriyany said...

Terra Shield: Oh yes, in terms of fuel consumption, I very much agree. Nowadays, I spend 50 to 55 bucks a week for petrol. I heard that Myvi is almost the same.

PJ's Panels said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post with us...

sriyany said...

PJ's Panels: I simply share what I experience - most of the time anyway :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template