The Countdown Begins



It's officially 3 days before I turn another year older and normally I'll be excited, bouncing up and down, literally annoying everyone around me but this time around I'm more pensive, to the point where I'm questioning myself if I've accomplished anything in the last 1 year.

It has been a turbulent year especially in the last few months. Lots of changes but for the better. Family wise, things have improved tremendously. The first few months were pretty tough on my sister and me but moral support came from the rest of the family and somehow that got us through. If anything, we're a lot more closer now than before.

Job wise, I'm currently serving my notice and effective next year Jan 24th, I'll be starting in a new company which I believe to have greater prospects. The new job is similiar to my current position, but more challenging. Believe it or not, just to get the job was an exhausting process - lots of negotiating, discussing, couple rounds of interviews but it paid off in the end. I just wished I was starting earlier *sigh!* but patience is a virtue (and the fact that I have to serve my 3 months notice).

Finally, for the most surprising change of all. I'm officially in a relationship with a guy I've known since last year. Why I said surprising? Because I didn't expect it to happen! There were lots of issues that we had to deal with and there were times when I didn't think this was going to work but it's been 5 months and we're still doing alright *fingers crossed*.

I suppose being pensive is not uncommon in all of us as it's coming to the end of the year already so I should probably concentrate on the good things that's happening and remain positive, right? (Inner voice booms: Yes, right on!). Come sunday morning, I'll be heading off with my *caramel honey to PD for the weekend and will only be back late, on the 16th *squeals*. I'm excited already!!

*My other half prefers to remain anonymous. Hence the nickname caramel honey.

3 comment(s):

Jyrenze said...

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Have a great weekend! =)


~
Jas

Nick Phillips said...

Congrats on the new job and the new relationship :D

And a happy birthday too :D

sriyany said...

Jyrenze: Thanks!

Nick Phillips: Thank you! :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template