Maybank Madness

Have you tried to use any Maybank ATM or Cash Deposit Machine? If you have, you would know that an average of 2 machines would be down in any outlet. The one remaining ATM or Cash Deposit Machine would have a queue as long as the Great Wall of China!

Seriously, it's really frustrating! This does not only happen once or twice but almost everyday, if you pass by a Maybank outlet, you can see lines of people waiting because 1 or 3 machines are offline or spitting out your card as soon as you insert it or just plain out (or full) of cash. By the time Securicor gets to the outlet would take hours and it's not like they rush to finish up their job. I often go to Taipan in Subang to do my banking and almost everytime I go to Maybank, there would be a throng of people looking so miserable coz one man at the atm is taking too long.

I don't see issues like this in other banks like CIMB or Public Bank. There are always plenty of machines to go around and I seldom see more than 1 ATM down at a time. Maybank is one of the most commonly used banks out there. Shouldn't they increase the amount of machines at their outlets to cater to the huge customer base?

I know I know. Online banking. But believe me or not, Maybank2U is almost unreliable as the machines at their outlets. And don't get me started on their over-the-counter service. Hmph!

4 comment(s):

Nick Phillips said...

That is one main reason why I don't do any banking with Maybank cos they're a bunch of morons!

SRIYANY said...

Nick Phillips: Tell me about it!

Venki said...

Hi Sriyany

How are you? I read your blogs quite regularly.

Anyway what you said about Maybank is absolutely right. Just yesterday we were at this Maybank branch at Queensbay Mall and the system was down for most of the afternoon. Came back after 2 hours and still the same. By the time, the system was online was past 5pm. Luckily the bank had the courtesy to help me complete my transactions.

Venkat

SRIYANY said...

Venki: Hi Mr.Venkat! How have you been?

I think a lot of people can relate to the hassle of Maybank ATMs. Something should be done to improve the situation.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template