Wondermilk @ Damansara Uptown


If you're a cupcake-loving person, you should check out Wondermilk cafe, located in Damansara Uptown. I've heard about this place from a number of people and being a die-hard fan of Cupcake Chic @ Curve, I just had to check out Wondermilk.


In addition to cupcakes, they also serve sandwiches and hot dogs but I have to admit, they've got a very different take on cupcake flavours. I noticed they had a lot of flavours that involved cheese - sadly, I'm not a fan of cheese. So I opted for the Chocolate Orange cupcake (think that's what it was called) and a cup of Hot Vanilla (RM6).




The cupcake tasted good (Note: Not great but just good) - it had a thin layer of marmalade at the botton so that added to the flavour. And it went well with my Hot Vanilla. But let me just say that I was disappointed with the size. For the price of RM4.50, the cupcakes are really small. Cupcakes at Cupcake Chic are the same price but twice as big with a generous amount of icing.


But Wondermilk is known for its custom-made, novelty cupcakes (from what I hear) and as you enter the cafe, there are shelves displaying cookies and boxes of tiny custom-made cupcakes.


Probably the best part of Wondermilk is the cafe itself. It's like something out of Alice in Wonderland. No, you don't see the Cheshire Cat or Mad Hatter lurking about or even the White Rabbit for that matter, but from the quirky decor you get the feeling that you just might eat or drink something that can alter your size. LOL.



Actually the place has a very whimsical feel to it. The one song that came to mind when I first sat down, was Owl City's Fireflies. If you've seen the music video for the song, then you would get what I'm talking about. Also, there are stuff on sale, such as T-shirts, bags, pouches, mugs and other odd knick knacks.


On the whole, I would say that Wondermilk cafe is a nice place to hang out. They've got an indoor and outdoor area but I suppose judging from the heat these days, you would probably want to sit in :)

2 comment(s):

Nick Phillips said...

Wifey has been wanting to go to this places for quite sometime. I think I'd better take her there soon :D

SRIYANY said...

Nick Phillips: Yea you should. Although I can think of better cupcake places :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template