It's Been A Hard Day's Night!

I grew up listening to a variety of music including the likes of ABBA, Boney M, Cliff Richard, Madonna, Kylie, Tom Jones and of course, The Beatles. It was not by choice actually. My mum was a big fan of The Beatles and she used to play their hits back to back, every single day (and back then, cassettes were a big deal). It came to a point where my sister and I could remember the order of the songs and had the lyrics to each song memorized.


Till today, some of my favourite Beatles tunes are All My Loving, I Feel Fine, Ticket to Ride, Eleanor Rigby, She Loves You, Paperback Writer, And I Love Her and Yesterday. Their songs are not only easy to remember but quite easy to play on guitar. I've recently started learning guitar (delayed dream of becoming a rockstar!) and have been practising with some of these songs. Obviously, only the four walls of my room are allowed to hear me at this point!


*Beatlemania - the legion of screaming fans*

Back to the point, The Beatles were probably one of the greatest rock bands in the history of popular music and still pose a heavy influence in today's music scene. In fact, if you're a fan of Playstation or Xbox 360, you would know that the latest addition in the Rockband series is The Beatles Rockband. But before you get the game, you might want to check the track listing online for this game as I imagine, not ALL their hits would be included.

For some reason today, I just felt the need to listen to Paul McCartney and John Lennon belt out their hits. If you'd like a trip down memory lane, play the video below.

                      

2 comment(s):

Nick Phillips said...

I still love the Beatles :D I grew up listening to the same kind of music too. I dunno, somehow I find they're still pretty good compared to a lot if singers or bands these days ... Maybe I am getting old! LOL!

sriyany said...

I agree. Beatles will always be a classic. If you're getting old then I must be a dinosaur already :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template