I Got Bitten By 'Twilight'

I finally tapped into the Twilight mania by watching it on DVD last night. Of course, my interest in the movie was further fueled by my colleague and friends that were madly in loved with Robert Pattinson (a.k.a. Edward Cullen). My sister alone watched the movie not once, not twice but FOUR times in the cinema!

I have to admit that when Robert Pattinson first came in the movie, I had a hard time trying to figure out what on earth did the rest of the female population see in this pale-faced, black-lined eyes and blood-red lipped guy. I thought that the makeup on his face was a tad bit overboard coz his neck was not as pasty as his face and when he opened his eyes wide, he beared a striking resemblance to Michael Jackson in Thriller.


Short synopsis of Twilight: Bella Swan (Kirsten Stewart) moves in to live with her dad in the little town of Forks, Washington. She bumps into Edward Cullen when they become lab partners in Biology and later when he saves her from being crushed by an out-of-control vehicle.

Edward Cullen is a vampire.


So are the rest of his family for that matter. Not surprisingly, Edward and Bella fall truly, madly, deeply in love. The only thing that’s preventing her from being vampire food is that the Cullens are different of their kind. They feast on animal blood instead of human and they can appear in sunlight, photos and mirrors. But they can read minds, hypnotize people, move at incredible speed, have enormous strength and of course, immortal like all blood-sucking vampires.

The story pretty much appeals to the younger crowd – your typical teenage movie. The movie explores how Edward and Bella become close and how protective he gets over her. It was then I could see how seducing this character of Edward was with his gorgeous eyes and dazzling smile. It took me a while but yep, I fell for that hunk of a vampire :-)

Surprisingly, there is only 1 kissing scene with Edward and Bella. Even with that, the scene is excruciatingly slow and I went like “Oh my god! Would they just kiss already?!”.


Sadly, the ending of the movie is not particularly satisfying. We never really know if Bella becomes a vampire in the end. But since my fanatical sister bought the Twilight trilogy books that the movie is based on, she told me that there would be a continuation to the movie. Looks like I’ll be sinking my teeth into Edward Cullen before bed tonight ;-)

* Watch this if you enjoy reading L.J Smith’s Vampire Series

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template