Aliens in America

This TV series is banned from Malaysia so I'm not sure if you would have heard of Aliens in America. My colleague downloaded the entire season (there's only Season 1 at this point) and the minute I saw the first episode, I was hooked.

The comedic series revolves around the Tolchuck family, in Medora, Wisconsin. The son, Justin is this nerdy, geeky guy who's been branded as a loser in Medora High School. Therefore, in order to help her son develop a more active social life, the mother gets involved in the Student Exchange Program with the impression that a wholesome, buffed European boy would give Justin the social boost he needs in high school.

However, the exchange student they get turn out to be this 16-year old Pakistani boy named Raja, who's a devout Muslim *Tolchuck family looks at him in shock*.

The series explores interacial relationships and family values in a middle-class family. The humor in here is awesome! You should check it out if you come across it anywhere ;)


3 comment(s):

Gallivanter said...

Cool, I should check it out. But first, I need to get my hands on True Blood first.

xin said...

yr colleague downloaded? who? who? i did not.

sriyany said...

Gallivanter: True Blood? Hmm..sounds interesting. Will check it out when i get the chance :)

xin: my EX-colleague i meant *smiles*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template