Mamma Mia!

I was feeling quite down the last few days so I decided to go watch a movie on my own. I've heard rave reviews of Mamma Mia! but never got around to watching it till yesterday. And sure enough, the movie was just what I needed to cheer myself up. I'm a fan of musicals so any Broadway show that's adapted to a movie would really grab my attention. As for this movie, all I can say is - MAMMA MIA!
It was nothing short of brilliant. The movie had a good plot, great cast and a huge dose of humor. Even for those who are not a fan of musicals or ABBA's songs, you would still enjoy Mamma Mia! because the movie is plain hilarious on its own!

For those who are not too sure about the story, the movie's about a bride-to-be who wants her father to walk her down the aisle. Only thing is - she doesn''t know which one is he. So she invites all 3 possible fathers to the wedding - without her mum knowing. And that's where all the trouble and madness start.

The acting and singing were really good. Amanda Seyfried strikes me as a newcomer, but her voice is as clear as a bell. Suprisingly, I never knew Meryl Streep could sing a tune - but she was almost as good as Amanda. The dialogue and mad antics delivered by the entire cast made ABBA's songs so infectious that it just made you wanna get up and dance.

I was literally dancing in my seat!

At first I was humming to the songs but there was this girl beside me that started singing along. Next thing I know, I could hear the audience singing along. How cool is that? (I think if I were to get up and dance, I have no doubt half the crowd would have joined me).

I do have to admit one thing though -

Pierce Brosnan can't sing.

REALLY.

His voice is sooo not suited for Broadway musicals. He may have the looks but definitely not the voice. I seriously think the director should have casted Hugh Jackman in Pierce Brosnan's role. He's got the voice, the acting talent and he's done Broadway before. Plus, he is sooooo HOT!

I know. I sound like a total freak here but I can't help it. ABBA's songs are still in my head and it makes you wonder "Wow...the 70's must have been awesome" :)

Another great fact about the movie is that, it was all taken on an island in Greece. Crystal-clear waters, blue skies, stone-white buildings - my idea of a paradise (Someday when I'm financially free, I actually want to settle down in a place like that).

My verdict:

Songs: Brilliant
Acting: Great
Choreography: Excellent
Humor: EXCEPTIONAL!

Trust me. Go watch the movie. You may not like when the actor suddenly bursts into a song but this movie might change your mind. Mamma Mia! is one movie you can watch over and over again.

Image source: Rotten Tomatoes

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template