How to plant a 'Magic Bean'

I read somewhere of this magic bean that has really cute sayings on them such as, "Miss You", "Friends Forever" and other miscellaneous characters. Apparently, when the plant grows, the words will be etched on the plant (in some way or another). So I decided to try it out myself.

The bean itself is RM1 each. You can plant it with soil (RM4/per packet, I think) or crystal gel (ultra-cool coloured, transparent spheres for RM3/per packet). The beans and supplies can be obtained from a shop called I Wish in Asian Avenue, 1st Floor, Sunway Pyramid.

The difference between the crystal gel and soil is that - u need to water the bean everyday if it's in soil but you don't for the gel. The transparent gel is constantly moist so it provides sufficient moisture for the bean to grow.

Mine's of course, 'Scorpio' *winks* (The 'Be Happy' bean was for Angie) and I helped myself to a packet of green crystal soil (which is MORE than enough for 3 beans).


To start off, simply follow the steps below:

Step 1:
Get a clear, transparent glass. It could be a wine glass, or a bowl.

Step 2:
Take about 1/2 teaspoon of crystal soil and place it in the cup. Then, fill the cup 3/4 full and set the glass aside. (Hot water will work faster on the soil - about less than 1 hour).


Step 3:
Wait until the soil has expanded in full. Then, drain out any excess water at the bottom of the cup.




Step 4:
Soak your bean in another cup of tap water for 5 minutes. Then, take it out and place it on TOP of the transparent gel.


Now, all you have to do is wait. According to the cashier at I Wish, it's supposed to take 1 week for the plant to grow.

So after a good ONE week.....

This was what I got. No idea what went wrong, especially after following everything the cashier at I Wish told me. Stupid @&%*$ China-made bean!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2009 - Quirks of a Delusional Mind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template